July 8, 2007

My very first time at the LAKE (swimmin' with the fishies)



Hi Everyone! This is Caleb. I wanna tell you somethin’. I went to this thing called a LAKE! This is what happened:

All morning, Mommy was tellin’ me: “Calebke, you get to go to the LAKE today! We are taking you!”
I thought to myself: “OK fine, I like to be taken. But what is a LAKE?”

She sounded so happy and excited, I figured out that it must be a good thing. Still, I wondered what it actually WAS. So, I waited it and waited it. All day. And we finally went there in the afternoon and the LAKE turned out to be really nice.

When we got there, Mommy put this whitish stuff all over me. They called it: Sunscreen. But (just between you and I) I don’t think it worked, because the Sun was still shining on me. (??) The Sun was also shining in my eyes. And I didn’t like that. Luckily, Mommy brought me sunglasses.

Daddy took me into the LAKE first. We went real slow. At first, just my toes were touching the LAKE. “Not as warm as my bath,” I thought. Then we went a little deeper. Then MORE deeper. Daddy said my jaw dropped and I looked very serious and surprised. I know! I was experiencing the LAKE! Which was not as warm as my bath! This was all so new to me! Then, the LAKE was up to my waist, then my chest. We were in all the way. By now, it felt warm to me, and I decided that I liked it. I liked it a LOT! I especially liked putting my feet up on my Daddy’s chest and shoveling the LAKE into my mouth with my fist. I would make a splashy and quickly bring my fist up to my mouth and suck on it. Over and over. This was a lot of fun!

Then, Mommy came in with the camera (and a hat). And I had to pose for some LAKE pictures, so that you all could see me having my very first time at the LAKE! And THIS hat, I actually liked. It was a little wet and it kept me nice and cool. Then, Mommy took me and we twirled and floated and swam around together. I like to float!

I kept switching from Mommy to Daddy and back. Sometimes, one of them would go off to the DEEP LAKE to do some DEEP LAKE swimming. When I looked at the DEEP LAKE wistfully, they said I might get to go to that part next time. I sure hope so!

People stopped to talk to us and they said many nice things about me. And we told everyone that this was my first time! At the LAKE! And they were happy for us.

Mommy took me out for a little while, so I could rest from the LAKE and have some applesauce. I appreciated the applesauce, but I told Mommy I didn’t need the rest! I wanted back in! So we got back in the LAKE and we stayed in until we were ready to go. Before we left, Daddy showed me some fishies and said we were swimmin’ with the fishies. He also called Mommy a FISH! And he said that I’m gonna be a fish too!! Eek!

Fish or no fish, one thing’s for sure: I wanna do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails