July 24, 2007

Happy 7 months to you!!!



Dear Caleb,

You are 7 months old today! I cannot believe that you are now closer to your 1st birthday than to being a newborn. You're such a big boy!

Your latest achievements are sitting on your own and beginning to crawl. You've discovered how to rock yourself in the sitting position. This makes you very happy. You have also mastered the commando crawl, and now are working on making your body into a bridge, so you can crawl on your knees soon. You get up in that position and rock back and forth, not knowing what to do next. Keep working at it and you'll get it in no time. I promise to keep cheering you on.

You are also eating all kinds of foods now in addition to nursing. You love everything! Even greens. You are not finicky at all. This is so good, because you know, good nutrition is so important for one's health. You are doing a fantastic job of priming your palate for a variety of wholesome foods to come.

You have really come to adore water! You love to splash, you love to float, and you don’t even mind water in your face. I could not be happier, because I have many-many water adventures planned for you. You just wait and see!

We love taking you everywhere. You are the best little traveler. This week, we will take you to my home country. I think that you will like it. You will get to experience many fun things for the first time, like flying on an airplane, riding on a Metro and yellow streetcar, meeting your grandparents and great-grandparents (did you know you have hair like your great-grandfather, who has a full head of hair at 92?), going to the thermal strands, and visiting castles. Don’t worry though; it won’t all be foreign to you. You will be familiar with the language.

I could go on and on and talk about your great sense of humor, your infectious open-mouthed laughter, how you bat your long eyelashes at me when I speak sweetly to you, or how you understand certain words, like "gyere" (come). But I must wrap it up now, because there's still much to do for the trip. So let me just say that you have been a great joy to your Daddy and I in the past 7 months. You've far exceeded our expectations. We are so thrilled that you are with us. Happy, happy 7 months to you! We love you so very much!!!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails