July 7, 2007

Kindermusik



Research proves that integrating music and movement during the first years of life
helps your child's brain reach its full potential.

It’s official. We have secured a spot for Caleb in Kindermusik classes for the fall semester. Yes, they call it a SEMESTER. Like college. Except that he will be attending with his mommy (or daddy).

I came across Kindermusik last winter when I was looking for a music class for my future baby. I was glad to see it offered in our area and thought about signing up for the spring, but he was much too young for it then. He definitely wouldn’t have gotten very much out of it. Since it’s a little pricey, I wouldn’t have wanted to waste my money. Caleb is much more ready for something like this now that he’s older. I think he will get a kick out of the interactive singing, dancing, and playing that will take place, and will enjoy being around all the other babies too. I can't wait to see his reaction to the class!

The Kindermusik philosophy closely matches my own. Their philosophy, as advertised on their website:

Every parent is the child's most important teacher.
Every child is musical.
The home is the most important learning environment.
Music nurtures a child's cognitive, emotional, social, language, and physical development.
Every child should experience the joy, fun, and learning which music brings to life.

The fall semester will run from August 20 to December 14. We will meet once a week for 45 minutes. The youngest class is called Village; it’s for newborn to 1 ½ year olds. Caleb will be 8 months old when it starts and 10 days shy of his 1st birthday when it ends. Wow, that’s a big developmental difference! I will take a crawler into the class in August and probably leave with a walker in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails