May 1, 2009

Brotherly love



Brotherly love

Photo of the Week

2009 Week 16

I know that this is not the best quality picture (for ex. the lamp seems to be growing out of Caleb's head). It was an awkward angle as I had to reach back with the camera while the belly starring in these photos remained attached to me.

Yet, it made Photo of the Week, because it captures one of the most surprisingly tender aspects of Caleb's personality these days - the way he relates to his unborn baby sister.

Many times a day, he demands to kiss and hug, or see the baby. Most of the time, his way of affectionately greeting her (after the kiss and hug) is to put his hands on my bare tummy and move all his ten fingers in a kind of tickle-caress. (This is how he greeted his baby cousin Natalia too, a couple of months ago.)

Most of the time, he pulls my shirt up to kiss the baby through my bare tummy.

Sometimes, he'll bring a toy to show her, saying "see the car?" and

other times, he'll stick around to play with her.



When he is finished, he says "kész" (finished) and pulls my shirt back down.


He also understands that the baby is going to come out of my tummy, it will lay on his lap or on the floor, it will cry (he does the cutest imitation with his head twisting from side to side), and that he will be able to kiss and hug the baby for real.

To us, all of this is an amazing display of brotherly love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails