May 26, 2009

Puzzle Prodigy

For the past couple of weeks, Caleb has been putting together an old wooden puzzle

of the world's countries (from the 80s). It was a gift from his grandparents, which I had put

away for later, because obviously it will have to wait for when he's older.

But he found it one day and started playing with it.

I marvelled when I noticed that he knew where most of the pieces fit...

Grandmom got wind of Caleb's talent

(also pointing out that his father was able to do the same at this age)

and so today, Caleb was the happy recipient of a gift -

a wooden puzzle of the USA with the sound of state names and capitals!

Daddy took the puzzle out and Caleb eagerly began to work at it.

I am not even kidding, the child knew where to fit about 70% of the pieces.

Just like that. On first try.

And by the time I realized what I was seeing, stopped the wild cheering, and grabbed my

video camera, he was almost finished and was messing with the last few pieces.

When you are not even 2 and a half,

yet you are putting together a puzzle that was designed for ages 5+

and quite well too, for the very first time -

it is time to announce to the world that you are, what appears to be,

a Puzzle Prodigy.

PS. LOVE the way he mutters to himself - yeah, no...

PSS. Thanks Grandmom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails