May 17, 2009

Laughter in the kitchen


We're making a dinner of lamb chops. Ron says, "Maybe we should season it differently tonight." (Our usual is garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil.)

Ten minutes later, it's time to season the lamb. I absentmindedly grab the cinnamon, and am ready to sprinkle just as Ron walks into the kitchen.

He says, "What's that?"
"Garlic." - I glance at it. "Oh no, it's cinnamon."
"I asked for different, not crazy."

***

I'm washing dishes. Ron walks into the kitchen excitedly exclaiming:
"You found grease and I found turkey!"
"Huh?"

My mind is in the kitchen. I try to piece together the story. He just came from the living room... and he's reporting that there's grease there AND turkey?
Grease, okay, we do have a 2-year-old, but... turkey??? When was the last time we ate turkey?!
Thanksgiving turkey?!!?

At last, he provides the context I am missing:
"Caleb's puzzle. You found Greece. And I just found Turkey. The missing pieces?"
"Oh."
***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails