August 23, 2009

Finally... THE LAKE


As you can see, we finally made it back to the lake!
On Friday afternoon, under the threat of yet another rainshower,
I met my friend and her kids
at our city lake.
Ron being at work, I took both kids trepidatiously.
It was a smashing success.
Ariana slept in the sling the WHOLE TWO HOURS we were out there,
as we soaked up the late afternoon rays of a sun
that often disappeared behind cumulus clouds,
but no rain, at least not until we got home and began to exit the car.
Upon our arrival, Caleb, having just woken up from a nap on the way there,
slowly rejoined the land of the living
with exclamations of "Look, Mommy!" and "Lake!" -
a sure sign that he remembered being there two months ago.
I think we'll have to do this again.

No, I am not at all dressed for THE LAKE.

I am dressed for babysitting my children at THE LAKE.

And ease of breastfeeding. And apparently, portrait photography.

Actually, I did roll up my pants leg and take Caleb in to where the water was hitting his chest -

to look at the fish that were hanging around at arm's length.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails