June 19, 2009

Nesting in action


A couple of weeks ago, I finally put some of my nesting thoughts into action - with the help of hubby, as you can see, who undertook to shampoo the carpet all through the house. We also hung up some long overdue paintings and some of my photos, though there are still quite a few in waiting. One major task I've been wanting to do is reorganize my office and remove the playpen, which has been serving as a toy station for the past year or so. We boxed up and put away a lot of Caleb's toys, because our house was just not made to handle all of his toys being strewn about. And very importantly, I was not made to handle looking at them. We plan to rotate them every few months and this way, his old toys will become new once again.


Caleb now has a new art/activity corner in my office. Originally, I was going to remove the second desk with the second work computer, but before I did such a foolish thing, the brilliant idea occurred to me that hey, there's a free desk here, the child might actually benefit from having it in my office at which to draw/play with Play-Doh, and later read/study, etc. while I am busy at work. Now there's no need to deny him the use of the feared MARKERS, because he should be supervised closely as he draws with them on drawing pads placed on the floor. With the carpet underneath. Now he can color to his heart's content right on a desk like real people do. He loves his new art station and works at it several times a day.


So we got a few things done from our list, not all of them by any means, but it was a good start. We also had a Baby Shower at the house, which was really nice. I received many beautiful baby girl things and, being the only male attendee, even Caleb was surprised with a gift or two. There was a cake served at the shower with a baby on it, which has now become one of Caleb's favorite carry-along toys. We've continued our nesting in action last week, whenever we had a day (hour) off, cleaning out closets, buying new deck furniture, scrubbing walls. We plan to do a few more things this weekend, in addition to celebrating our birthdays and anniversary. The only other thing I want for this weekend is the inclusion of some water fun - whether in the form of canoeing, pontoon boating and jumping off for a swim (don't worry, I don't mean literally jumping off with my 9 month belly, it'll be more like slowly lowering myself down on the stairs until I'm finally in the water and weightless), or just plain beach swimming - we shall see if the weather cooperates. There have been few rainless days lately.


It is difficult to believe that in just a little over 2 weeks, our baby girl will be here - how on earth did time pass so quickly? We're a little bit in disbelief about the passing of time, but very much looking forward to meeting this new little person and watching our family grow once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails