June 13, 2009

Impromptu picnic


Caleb and I had an impromptu picnic lunch on the deck today. We ate just what we had on hand: grapes, black olives, kiwis, cheese, and dill herring with bread. Not exactly a traditional picnic, but it suited us fine. Caleb loved being outdoors for his lunch - he had been playing outside with his water pitchers, pots and pans, pouring and filling them with water, while I was busy planting some basil, so I thought, why not stay out for lunch, as well. The weather was perfect right then, not too hot and not yet raining, and the sun was not yet beating down on us. I will now enundate you with the numerous pictures I took. If you are a stranger, just passing by, I am sorry. He is cute, but you probably don't need to see 20 pictures of him. If you are family, consider this my Saturday gift to you.


It was a rare lazy Saturday - yes, those are pajamas on the child.
What you don't see, but I am going to tell you anyway - I'm still wearing pajamas, too.




He insisted on eating the cubed cheese with a fork.

He wanted to eat the olives and grapes that way too, but that didn't work out so well.


Feeding Mommy grapes - that camera is in the way, Mommy!


His choice of book - reading and counting during lunch


Washing it all down with some cold water

With a full tummy, it's time to run circles around Mommy

Did you hear that? Choo-choo train!

Now, a bird! No, two birds!! (Loudly singing to each other) Wow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails