April 17, 2009

A Step Back in Time

A couple of weeks ago, we spent the weekend at the North Carolina Renaissance Faire. I think it's time I posted some pictures of our trip.

We always enjoy historical events, and this time we got to step back 400 years in time to the days of Queen Elizabeth I. We were entertained by Celtic musicians, jugglers, dog shows, fairy camps, duals on horses, knights engaged in sword fighting, children's dragon tales, and bagpipe concerts, among other things. Of course, Caleb engaged in much singing, dancing, dragon flying, pony riding, and sand trap running (the event was held on an old golf course). He emerged from the weekend with a new sword and a flying dragon, and the newfound ability to challenge us anytime by calling for a "sword fight!"

Here are a few of the photos I took at the Faire. And even though I am personally not in any of them, I promise you, I really was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails