April 27, 2009

April in Virginia




... or is it June already?

On Saturday, we got together with our friends to check out a private lake in town and let the kids "dip their feet in." I dressed Caleb in what I thought was appropriate attire, shorts and waterproof sandals, so he can get his little feet wet, if he felt so inclined. Little did I know that it was going to be 90 degree weather that day and the "foot dipping" would turn into our first beach outing of the year. Yes, it's still April.

My friend's kids had their bathing suits on, but I was not so prepared (since I didn't know we were going to a beach, and oh yeah, it is still April). We improvised though, and one by one Caleb's clothes came off and he had a splendid time frolicking in the lake in his boxer briefs. (It was so hot that I eventually had to put his shirt back on, lest he get sunburned.)

I had been saying we need to start the swimming season early this year, what with the baby coming smack in the middle of it in July, but never did I imagine it would start this early!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails