May 30, 2010

This week (let me just brag)

A couple of things that happened this week, which proves that my kids really ARE exceptional. (Of course, I am not biased, AT ALL.) :)

We went to apply for Ariana's passport at the post office (what do you know, you need an appointment after all). At the end of the 20-minute process (including getting her picture taken - which, by the way, turned out ADORABLE), the clerk says: "I have to commend you; you have great kids. Very well behaved. Usually when the kids come, it's a disaster for everyone." I don't know what he's experienced in the past (feel a little sorry for him), but as a parent, it felt good to hear that.

I went to Barnes and Noble with Caleb and we picked up a Kindergarten-1st Grade workbook for him, which he seemed to really enjoy when I went through the first few pages with him in the store. When checking out, the lady says, "Is he entering first grade?" Me: "Uhm, no... he's 3. But he's been doing Kindergarten level work with no problem, so I thought we'd give this a try." (Yes, I do forget at times that he is Preschool age. But that's what's so great about homeschooling. We do not progress at a pre-determined grade level based on age, but advance based on the child's individual rate of learning. Which far exceeds the public school guidelines, apparently.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails