May 5, 2010

Saturday at the Carnival
















Awesome three hours spent at a traveling Carnival this past Saturday.

Of course, Ron was working as always (that's changing soon!) and I went alone with the kids. Ariana in the Bjorn, Caleb holding my hand, diaper bag on shoulder, Nikon on neck -

I looked like a Christmas tree

but we must have looked like a happy bunch as we bounced from one ride to another...

I bought Caleb unlimited rides, so often he just stayed on something as long as he wanted, because there were virtually no lines. He loved it.

We even braved the Ferris wheel (he knew what it was called, I wonder where he learned it?)...

and going on that thing was a very brave thing to do... have you ever been on a

traveling Ferris wheel?

Not exactly solid, more like a rickety old thing... as soon as we got on I was questioning my sanity for doing such a thing with two wee little ones...

there were a couple of stops and starts as a couple people got off

(well, there were only a couple people on)

and

we waved precariously up at the very top of the wheel in the wind,

Caleb clutching my hand strong, I clutching his

(but I didn't forget to take pictures)

Once the ride started though, it was smooth sailing, and we relaxed and oohed and aahed

as we went around and around, pointing out landmarks down below.

And the final consensus, voiced by Caleb: "I liked that! I like the Ferris wheel!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails