June 5, 2007

My day today

Hi! This is Caleb! (Otherwise known as Calebke, Milk Mouth, Little Precious, and a dozen other nicknames, but most commonly called by Mom and Dad: BabyCakes.)

Side note: if by and by you ask me my name and I seem confused, you know who to blame! Right. NOT ME!


So. I thought it would be fun to tell you all about my day today. It was an ordinary day, nothing spectacular; so don’t expect tales of adventure this time. Yet it was special to me all the same, because BOTH Mommy and Daddy spent the whole day with me! NOONE had to work today, you see! [Mom’s Note: At least not for long.]

So, when I woke up this morning, I looked for Mommy, ‘cause I was hungry. Sure enough, I found her pretty quickly (I’m quite good at this by now – hey, I wasn’t born YESTERDAY! I’ve been practicing for 5 months already!), and filled my tummy with yummy milky. So then, Mommy thought I had enough (though, I always say, enough is RELATIVE – but who ever listens to a 5 month old!), and we went downstairs to the office. Oh yeah, NOW I remember! She DID work a little! So, she did that and I got to bounce in my bouncy. Did she mention that I can now hold my foot? Yeah! I held my right foot and kicked like crazy with the left. I LOVE to kick with my left foot! It’s sooooo fun! Daddy thinks that I’m going to be left handed, like he is. I hope so! Just to please him!

So, let me get back. I bounced and bounced, then told Mommy I wanted more milky and she gave me some more. Then, Daddy woke up and came downstairs and we all giggled and laughed a little and Daddy held me and said some nice things to me. (I was soooooo surprised to see him, because he’s always at work in the morning. But NOT THIS TIME!!!)

Then, Mommy finished up whatever she was doing (I think it was important, because she looked so CONCENTRATED! – I know that’s a big word for a little boy). And then Daddy said, let’s go for a hike! We got ready and off we went. But the two of them were hungry and we stopped by this really interesting place called Given’s Bookstore, where they had all kinds of things! I mean, ALL KINDS! Toys and books and even a real live bunny! And there, Mom and Dad EATED... oops, I mean, ATE. (I’ve been watching them do that EATING thing now for... oh... 3 months? And I tell you, it looks like FUN! Mommy cheated 3 times and let me do it too, but then we had to stop, because they say you have to be 6 months old to EAT. Until then, you only get milky. I like milky, don’t get me wrong. But I’m REALLY looking forward to my 6 month birthday! Mommy promised me that she would let me EAT then.)

So we finished there and I was getting sleepy, but I FIGHTED IT big time, because let’s face it, going places doesn’t happen all that often. And going places with BOTH Mommy and Daddy happens even less. So, I FIGHTED IT.

We got to the trail and they strapped me onto Daddy in the Baby Björn and we did my favorite thing: we walked. Outside. With “birds singing, a breeze blowing, and the scent of honeysuckle in the air.” (I’m quoting Mommy.) At least, she THINKS it was honeysuckle. Whatever it was, it was nice. And I liked it. And I liked it so much that I relaxed and FELL ASLEEP!

Don’t ask me how long I was asleep, but when I awoke, we were STILL walking. Mommy and Daddy were talking about some fun plans for the summer at a place called HUNGARY. And they said it was nice there. And that we were gonna go. And that I am now a WORLD TRAVELER. Or going to be, anyways.

And THAT made me feel good.

Afterwards, we came home and I was in such a GOOD MOOD that I totally forgot that I was now hungry again. So Mommy didn’t even ASK me, she just left and “ran to the store.” And I had Daddy all to myself. FOR 30 MINUTES.

When Mommy got back, I really couldn’t wait any longer and I let her know real quickly that I REALLY needed some sustenance (5 month olds DO have a limit, you know!). I was so glad that she stopped to feed me and then she put me in the sling and WE started dinner. Something called SALMON ON THE GRILL. And there were other things: red things [red peppers], and brown things [baby Yukons], and white things [onions]. She said this was spur of the moment cooking. AND I. GOT TO. SEE IT. I also got to watch them do the EATING thing for the second time today!

And then, things started to become a blur. I remember that I really wanted her to pick me up. I did my whiny voice. I did my whimpering. Was I hungry? I don’t think so. Was I sleepy? Hmm... I don’t remember. Ask my Mommy. What do I know? I’m only 5 months old, you know!

[Mom’s Note: BabyCakes passed out around 8 o’clock from a full day’s activities and slept like a rock.]

[Here’s a video of the kicking thing he does with his left foot whenever he’s happy. Here he is also grabbing on to his right foot and singing.]


http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb34/Aranka777/?action=view&current=Singing.flv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails