January 13, 2010

Late night work



I'm just popping in for a second to show you this beautiful moment from last night...
This was about 2 a.m. Since Ariana is getting her second tooth out (and let's hope it comes, soon), she wakes up a lot more in the middle of the night from the pain, and only nursing soothes her back to sleep.

So here I was working on some major deadlines in the middle of the night, and nursing my hurting baby back to sleep. At this point, she was already sleeping and I was contemplating taking her back to bed. All of the sudden, she reached her arm back, instinctively found my hand, grabbed it with her little fingers and held on - all the while sleeping. I was dumbstruck for a moment at the beautiful picture before me (remember, both of my hands were on the keyboard at the moment, typing away) and since my camera lay only a few feet away, I wrestled my way to it, quickly grabbed it with one hand and snapped the picture.

Now you know what our nights look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails