October 11, 2009

Pumpkin patch with two

Pictures are here!
As you can see, I uploaded about a million of them.
So, let me recap our trip.
Ariana did fail the driving test.
I found out that she CAN scream for 45 minutes straight, both ways, poor child.
I felt bad for Caleb on the way there, for he had to endure the screaming right next to him.
I could tell he was bothered by it, he was almost in tears himself, the sensitive soul that he is.
He cares about her so much...
It was difficult to hear the screaming through the whole trip; I'm not one to ever let my babies cry. But what could I do? We were on a mission... It did get easier to listen to the crying on the way back and Caleb fell promptly asleep, he was so exhausted from the trip.
Apparently, he can sleep through anything if he's tired enough.
Instead of the planned 2 hours we were at the farm for 4 hours! And Ariana slept through it all.
In the end, I'd have to say that it was worth it to endure the drive,
because of all the fun we had. Sometimes you've just gotta do what you gotta do...
On the other hand, I think the Balloon Festival Trip is out.
45 minutes vs. 3 hours is a big difference.
Here's all the stuff we did:
Inspecting all the pumpkins. Naming all their colors.

A quick picture of the two of them, before she fell asleep.

Caleb spotted the Cow Train and could not keep his eyes off it.

Excited about the Cow Train.

(Outhouses that we managed to avoid in the background.)



Corn Crib. Corn got in our shoes. It was much better after he went barefoot.


There were goats. And pigs and chickens too.

There were CAUTION signs not to touch the animals, because they can bite.

That's new. We were caressing them last year!


Oh, the Corn Maze. Our favorite part of the trip.

I only lost him once. Remember, I had the baby in the sling, diaper bag on the shoulder, camera on my neck. It was a bit hard to run after him.

Yes, I panicked a little. We had a little talk and he always waited for me thereafter. Good boy.


The water game. He fit right in with the big kids.


Beloved Cow Train. On second thought, this was probably Caleb's most favorite.

He rode it over and over again. Good thing they didn't have a limit on riding this year.

Here my sweet boy is singing to himself and moving his head left and right while riding.

So very happy.


He loved this too. This is called a Corn Snake.

Basically, it's a little house made of corn husks and paths are snaking through it.

We ran through it many times, Caleb leading Mommy following with baby in sling, camera, and diaper bag. At some point though, it got a little loud for the baby, what with the corn husks closing in on us and I suggested that Caleb run through it by himself.

I had a good vantage point for pictures. Don't bite your tongue off, baby!


At the end of our stay we took a tractor hay ride to the pumpkin patch.


I don't know about you, but it looks a little fake, don't you think?

Perfectly spaced rows of pumpkins in the pumpkin patch...hmm...

they probably count on us City Folk not knowing any better...

Well, at any rate, he didn't know the difference, and went about inspecting and picking up

pumpkins left and right. But we had to leave them all behind, because I already looked like a

Christmas tree, remember?





We had SUCH a fun time. I'd do it again. Even though my back was hurting for many days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails