July 3, 2009

Parents arrive ahead of baby


So my parents and sister arrived this week (before baby, yeah!) and I haven't had a chance yet to post any pictures. They arrived on Monday and I worked through the day and through half the night on Tuesday and Wednesday, finishing several large deadlines.

Today we went to see the caverns at Natural Bridge... because Caleb asked me to. We've been wanting to take him, but seemed to be running out of time with only days before the birth. This morning, I was reading to him the 'Good Night, Virginia' book and he pointed at a picture of caverns and said "Caleb go here." He kept repeating it, very insistent that he wanted to go see those caverns and I thought, well here's a sign that we should just go. So we did. And it was really, really fun - though I think the people there thought we were crazy to make a 2.5 year old toddler and a 9 month pregnant woman hike the caves. Caleb walked the whole 45-minute tour on the slick surfaces and steep stairs on his own, holding on to Barbara's and Mama's hand, just as he had been instructed to do. (I walked it on my own too, holding on to the railing.)

In the afternoon, after we had returned from our trip, he opened up his book again and on the opposite page from the caverns, there was a picture of Virginia lighthouses. He said, "Caleb go here, see this. Let's get shoe, turn off TV."

Umm, this wish will not be so easy (and quick) to fulfill...

We are having a wonderful time with the family, Caleb is obviously enjoying all of the extra attention and playmates (especially Barbara), and getting exhausted every day from all the socialization.

And now, some pictures from our days. They are from everyone's camera, because well, I'm just not being a very diligent photographer these days.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails