March 27, 2009

Moments from Our Day


Moment 1:

Caleb greets me in the morning with a kiss and a hug. He notices my baby tummy and greets the baby with a kiss and a hug, too. He then puts out his hand and says "Help?" - an offer to help me get up out of bed. It looks like I am raising a gentleman.

Moment 2:

We pull up to the bank and the teller asks, "Can he have an S-U-C-K-E-R?" - spelling it out. I smile and say, "Oh, no" thinking to myself, it's sweet of her to spell it out, but it's unnecessary, as he doesn't even know what a sucker is yet, and I'd like to keep it that way for a while.

Moment 3:

We go to the Mall with the sole purpose of riding the coin-operated cars there, as Caleb requested. I decide not to take the stroller this time, but hold his hand through the long walk in from the parking lot... in the rain. He does great. On the way back, I must let go for a second so I can hit the unlock button on my remote. My other hand is full of take-out food (another thing he requested). The moment I let go, the child takes off towards the curb, intent on heading over to the other side of the parking lot. I feel like a sheep herder, as I swiftly maneuver him back towards the car, with excited exclamations of food! drink! - just so he would comply. It works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails