March 19, 2009

Humor on St. Patrick's Day


The below email correspondence with a client (project manager) took place on St. Patrick's Day. The rare show of cluelessness gave me and my husband more than a few chuckles.

Client: Hi, I have a new job here for translation. I have attached the ITD to work into, as well as the source...

[I look at the source file. I realize that it is identical to a document I proofread and sent to him this morning. So, the job has been translated and proofread already.]

Me: Hi, Didn't I just do the proofing on this job this morning?

[Surely, he will quickly note his error.]

Client: You did it for Finnish - can you not work into Hungarian as well

[Really??! Thanks for informing me what language I translate. Cause apparently, I must have forgotten. And honestly, this sounds like: What good are you? Can you only speak one obscure language?]

Me: Finnish? I don't speak Finnish. I did it for the Hungarian language.

[What I really want to say: Are you drinking, man? I know it's St. Patrick's Day and all, but come on! Seriously, are you in a bar, typing this out on your Blackberry with one finger?]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails