April 30, 2007

Work, work, work (also Rubber Ducky LOVE, Emotional Music Listening, and Pacifier Revisited)

So, I am working like a mad(wo)man these days and hardly have time for anything else. Caleb however, has not stopped growing and developing, and just generally being the joy of our lives. Just three little moments:

He is giggling and laughing now, usually at some prodding from me. The other day I put Sesame Street on for him and all of a sudden, at my surprise, I heard loud giggles coming from the living room. I rushed in to see what was so funny and saw the most wonderful sight – Caleb laughing at the Rubber Ducky song (every time the rubber ducky squeaked). I grabbed my camera and caught 15 seconds on video – and some of you got to see it. The Rubber Ducky song will now go down in history as the very first thing (other than a person) that made Caleb laugh. (Also, as the very first baby song that Mom can’t seem to get out of her head!)

I had Beethoven on one evening (the same one he enjoyed a couple of months ago) and was singing along while looking at him close up in the swing. He was smiling and enjoying the singing... The music came to a dramatic part and as the music swelled, GET THIS - my 4 month old son teared up (not crying) but clearly touched by the music, alternately pouting his lips and smiling, with red, watery eyes! My 4 month old was displaying mature emotions at the music! Unbelievable! I wish I had my camera! (sheepish grin)

So, he’s teething, right? And the poor thing doesn’t have a teething ring yet (I ordered some, but they haven’t arrived yet). So he eats his hands and struggles a bit in the evening, wanting to nurse – just so he can soothe his gums. I gave him a pacifier - after about 2 months. We gave up on it, because he used to always need someone to hold it in. But not this time! He has apparently mastered the pacifier in the 2 months that he didn’t use one. He had a nice evening of very happily chewing on it.

Oh, and he’s also trying to SIT UP using his stomach muscles, has ROLLED OVER the other way (from his back to his stomach), and he can also be PULLED UP by his hands to a STANDING position (which he’ll hold for a while, then buckling knees, hold, buckling... – you get the picture)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails