March 26, 2010

Morning scene

Daddy is leaving for work.

Caleb: "Bye Daddy, bye-bye!" He scrambles to get his shoes on. "I want to say bye to Daddy."

Sweetie, it's dark outside and raining. Don't go out right now.

He puts on his shoes. Realizing it's raining, he stops in the doorway, in his shoes. Daddy is already at the car.

"Daddy! I have something to say!"

Daddy takes a few steps towards the door...

"Bye Daddy, bye-bye! Are you coming back in a few minutes?"

"Bye-bye, Caleb. I am coming in a few hours."

"Okay, Daddy. Are you bringing hami (food)?"

"Yes, I'll bring hami when I come home."

"Okay. Bye."

"Pray for me."

"Okay, Daddy. And the Play-Dough."
(Every time we pray for Daddy, he adds: "so he comes home and plays Play-Dough with me.")

Satisfied, he takes his shoes off and heads back to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails