January 17, 2009

13 weeks




As you can see, our gummy bear baby has now turned into an ALIEN BABY. At my 13 week visit, the midwife sent me in for a quick scan, because she couldn't pick up the heartbeat with the Doppler (apparently the placenta is totally in the way, being on top of the uterus). Imagine my surprise, when a little alien face showed up on the screen, looking straight at me...


Summer Baby is doing well, heartbeat is now 146 bpm. Since I was already in there, I asked the technician: "You can't tell the sex yet, can you?" She couldn't. A few more weeks of mystery, everybody, hang in there.


Another surprise was just how low my blood pressure was (and has been through this pregnancy)... I can't recall the exact numbers, probably because I was in extreme shock after hearing them, something like 108/58 mmHg. The diastolic was definitely in the 50s. In other words, barely alive. (This is my conjecture, not the nurse's. The nurse liked my extremely low, barely alive blood pressure.)


My blood pressure during my first pregnancy was normal, but significantly higher. Then again, just being in a doctor's office could make my blood pressure go up. I used to do relaxation (breathing) exercises while sitting there having my blood pressure taken. I still do them, absentmindedly. Maybe I should stop doing those now. It looks like I've gotten extremely good at them.

Or maybe I'm just having a VERY RELAXED second pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails