March 18, 2007

Mother's Tea (which leads to musings on Caleb's hair)

On Saturday, Caleb and I went to a Mother’s Tea, where we met several moms and their babies. I had a good time meeting other moms (which was the main reason I went) and I think Caleb enjoyed seeing other babies of similar age. All of the babies were boys and were very close in age (6, 9,10,11, and 12 weeks). The guest speaker was a professional photographer, who gave tips on how to take good pictures at home. She also took several pictures of each mom/baby (for free!) and will be sending those pictures to us. She does take beautiful pictures and I may even hire her at some point for a special sitting (it’s a bit difficult to take a picture of the whole family at an arms’ length).

Boy, after seeing all of those bald babies, I have to say, I didn’t realize just how much hair Caleb had! All of the other babies were almost completely bald, except for the 6 week old, who had just a little bit of hair. Now I understand why people always exclaim over Caleb’s full head of hair. It is quite beautiful and I hope it doesn’t fall out (or he doesn’t PULL it out, since one of his newest quirks is to grab his hair and hold onto it!). I also noticed that his hair color is lightening up a bit. It was really dark at birth, but the new growth is lighter with reddish brown highlights. I am in a quandary as to how to style it, though. I’ve tried brushing it this way and that, but it’s getting long and it tends to stand straight up on top, impossible to smooth down. I guess I could use mousse or gel, but I don’t really want to apply adult haircare products to his sensitive little baby scalp. Hmmm...I wonder if they make these products for infants? They must. Maybe I’ll try that for special occasions. I don’t plan to cut his hair anytime soon, so we may need to use something from time to time to tame his pretty mane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails