February 26, 2007

2 months

Here we are at the 2-month mark already! Caleb now weighs 12 pounds and 4 ounces. He is growing very nicely! I’m happy, because this confirms that he is getting adequate quantity and quality of my milk (breastfeeding mothers tend to wonder).

In the past weeks, I've become a pro at going to the stores with him with the least amount of trouble. The easiest way to shop with the Little Precious is to transfer him to the sling, where he is the happiest little shopper, looking all around (or if he’s sleepy, he sleeps contentedly). We always get tons of comments about how cute he is, how much hair he’s got, etc. Lots of smiles, too. I guess people don’t see infants in sling carriers much, because I’ve gotten several surprised comments about what a nice contraption it is and how comfortable he looks in it. I’ve been using that thing so much that I decided to get an extra one, so now we have one for the house and one for the car. (And a Baby Björn for those upcoming hikes in the mountains!)

Caleb's grandparents and Aunt Jen visited us this weekend. They marveled at how much he has changed in the past 2 months. We had a really nice visit and perhaps Caleb will remember them this time. I know that his other grandparents and aunts also can’t wait to see him soon. He is changing so much now that it’s really exciting. He has begun to BELLY LAUGH in his sleep! It is the sweetest sound I’ve ever heard! His brain is practicing and I know that it is only a matter of weeks before he laughs and giggles when awake. (That’s what happened with the smile too.) I can’t wait!

I am now getting ready to apply for Caleb’s passport, so that he can travel to Europe with us in the summer. He will have changed a lot by then, but I guess his passport will be valid for the next 5 years as a child (as opposed to 10 years for an adult).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails